Thursday, March 1, 2012

Isn't Death a Good Enough Incentive?

I began watching old episodes of "Ruby" on Netflix.  For those of you who don't her, she has (or had) a show on Style Network about being morbidly obese and trying to lose 100s of pound.  She was basically told by her family doctor that she will die young if she does not lose weight.  She is a lovely, vibrant, beautiful woman that exudes southern sweetness.  The type of person that would make you feel good about yourself when you're around her, but she has an eating problem.  On the episode I watched today she made a comment . . . "Why isn't death a good enough incentive for me to lose weight and want to change my habits."  In other words, isn't the possibility of death enough for her to loose all her cravings, hating to exercise, hating to deny herself certain foods.

While I haven't been given the notification that if I don't lose weight I'll die, I have been told I can get off my blood pressure medication and I can avoid early heart disease.  I can live life and not be so tired all the time.  I'll have more energy to enjoy activities I like to do with my family.  My moods will be happier because I will feel better not only physically, but mentally.   I guess in the long run those do pertain to life or death, but why aren't those positives a good enough incentive to make my losing weight easy and a no brainer?  Why?

Make one good choice today, it can lead to another! God Bless- Kara Lea

Breakfast: Roasted Red Pepper Hummus/Spinach Wrap
                 Cheese Stick

Lunch:    Chopped Chicken Salad
               Jello Chocolate pudding
               Strawberries
               Cheddar Rice Cakes
               Diet Coke

Dinner:   BBQ Country Spare Rib
               Sweet Potato
               Water

Snack:   Peach Jello
              1/2 banana
              WW Raspberry Ice Cream Bar

Exercise:  No

No comments:

Post a Comment