My workplace has given me an opportunity to work with a personal trainer for nutrition purposes as part of their healthcare initiative. I admit I was a little hesitant. I don't know why. I think it's all the years of negative self talk, fear of failure-because I always end up failing this part of my life. My personal issues with weight and exercise have been more emotional/psychological than physical. I don't know why that is, but I'm just tired of spending of so much energy thinking about. I want to get to a place where I don't think about and I just do it without having to think! (Sorry about the blah, blah, blah there!)
It's only been a few days. We initially met as a group on Tuesday and yesterday we were assessed! After years of reading, talking and working on weight loss, I'm hoping this experience will give me new insight! I must say just being "assessed" helped me. Here's what happened:
* weighed in
* blood pressure taken
* measurements of body taken (arms, thighs, waist, hips)
* measured flexibility and strength (various stretches to check reach length/flexibility with arms and legs, push up-upper body strength)
* used one of those machines that gauges your body fat-forget what they called it
* calculated how many calories I can eat to maintain my current weight
* based on how much I need to lose, discussed what my new daily calories need to be in order to meet my goal
* calculated maximum heart rate, resting heart rate
Next post I'll share the formulas to figuring out the numbers and also some websites and apps.
My everyday homework: log what I eat
My extra homework: Exercise 3 days for 30 minutes each time (10 min intervals are OK)
Make one good choice today, it can lead to another!
Have a blessed day - Kara Lea