Friday, April 26, 2013

Personal Trainer

My workplace has given me an opportunity to work with a personal trainer for nutrition purposes as part of their healthcare initiative.  I admit I was a little hesitant.  I don't know why.  I think it's all the years of negative self talk, fear of failure-because I always end up failing this part of my life.  My personal issues with weight and exercise have been more emotional/psychological than physical.  I don't know why that is, but I'm just tired of spending of so much energy thinking about.  I want to get to a place where I don't think about and I just do it without having to think!  (Sorry about the blah, blah, blah there!)

It's only been a few days.  We initially met as a group on Tuesday and yesterday we were assessed!  After years of reading, talking and working on weight loss, I'm hoping this experience will give me new insight!  I must say just being "assessed" helped me.  Here's what happened:

* weighed in
* blood pressure taken
* measurements of body taken (arms, thighs, waist, hips)
* measured flexibility and strength (various stretches to check reach length/flexibility with arms and legs, push up-upper body strength)
* used one of those machines that gauges your body fat-forget what they called it
* calculated how many calories I can eat to maintain my current weight
* based on how much I need to lose, discussed what my new daily calories need to be in order to  meet my goal
* calculated maximum heart rate, resting heart rate

Next post I'll share the formulas to figuring out the numbers and also some websites and apps.

My everyday homework: log what I eat
My extra homework:     Exercise 3 days for 30 minutes each time (10 min intervals are OK)

Make one good choice today, it can lead to another!
Have a blessed day - Kara Lea

No comments:

Post a Comment