Saturday, May 5, 2012

Ho-Hum

Sometimes I feel like I'm just plugging along . . . and that's OK.  In fact it's quite normal and the sooner we realize this the better off we will be  physically, emotionally and spiritually.

Physically: I'm not going to lose 90 lbs in a couple of months.  It's going to take a good year or more to do it healthy and to stay on track in order to keep it off.  There will be ups and downs due to "life".  It happens!

Emotionally: "Life"-it happens.  We're up and we're down.  We're motivated, we're not so motivated.  I recognize I have good days and bad days when it comes to my emotional status and that's OK-it's normal!

Spiritually: I visited a local church Grotto this past week and meditated with each station of the cross.  That, along with a very good homily, made me realize my highs and lows with God.  I can get so discouraged with myself that it over shadows my basis and I forget to just "be" and listen and relax.  There are times when I'm in touch and times when I'm distant because of those "life" things that distract me!

It's OK to be "ho-hum".  It's going to happen.  I will get through it and come out on the other side stronger and better.

Make one good choice today, it can lead to another! God Bless- Kara Lea

No comments:

Post a Comment