Thursday, March 8, 2012

Losing Weight is a Full-time Job

Long Blog today - sorry:)

I was thinking about the weight I lost late summer last year and the conscious effort it took for me to do so.  I joined Weight Watchers, started tracking and was CONSTANTLY mindful of everything I put into my mouth.  I planned my weeks, weekends, holidays, vacations . . . Then I began following all your awesome blogs that you all share your journeys on.  You inspired me to blog about my journey.  I started to consciously plan exercising.  Looking back and reflecting on it . . . it was a job.  A hard, constant, 24/7 3rd job for me.  Job #1 I work outside the house 40 hrs a week.  Job #2 I'm a wife, a mother, a homemaker. Job #3 Improving and focusing on my physical being.  Some people would think I'm crazy of thinking of "Job" # 3 as a job, but if I don't think of it like that I'll lose my job including the benefits which are healthy weight, healthy body, and healthy being.

When my daughter experienced her medical issue last October I had to quit job #3.  I couldn't mentally or physically keep up with it.  So I quit and lost ALL my benefits.  The weight all came back on and physically I felt bad again.  I did what I needed to do last fall and I don't at all regret the change I had to make in my change in energy direction.  Thank God that my daughter is OK and about a month a ago I blogged "Back in the Saddle Again."  I am once again starting job #3.

Weight loss, exercise, and when I do reach goal weight, maintaining; these are a job to me and I will have to treat it as such.  I don't believe this will ever be second nature or an unconscious effort for me.  I need the benefits!

Make one good choice today, it can lead to another! God Bless- Kara Lea

No comments:

Post a Comment