Sunday, May 19, 2013

Learning how to read

1. If you had never been taught how to read, would you automatically know how to read? 
2. Would you know automatically why it's important to know how to read? 
3. Would you know the value in knowing how to read?

Answers:
1.No -  Probably started at home with my Mom and siblings, but I remember my teachers at school teaching me how to read.
2. No - I was taught without realizing I had a choice in it. My peers were doing the same thing, we were all in this together.  It was the norm.
3. No, but as I got older I could see the value in knowing how to read.

1. If you had never been taught how to portion control and make healthy eating choices, would you automatically know how to portion control and make healthy eating choices?
2. Would you know automatically why it's important to know how to portion control and make healthy eating choices?
3. Would you know the value in knowing how to portion control and make healthy eating choices?

Answers:
1. No  - but I was never hungry, no one ever said how to eat, you just ate
2. No - I couldn't see the impact of it, everyone ate and so did I
3. No - but as I got older I thought it's just me. Why do I look different than everyone else because  we're all doing the same thing, eating

  I'm trying to get to the root of my issues with food. When and why did it all start?  Because this time I don't want to go back.


- Kara Lea

No comments:

Post a Comment